Red rash on inside of buttocks, itching, painful. Used clotrimazole cream. Developing bump near rash

i have a red rash on the inside of my buttcheeks it hurts and itches. ihave been using clotrimazole cream and zeasorb. i also tried lotrimin. now i am developing a large bump on the top of the rash near the opening to my butt cleavage. this has been going on for more than a month with verying degrees of pain but this is the first time ive had a bump
there are also pimples on my right buttcheek its like one of them spreadto my crack and theres a pink splotch on my scrotum
Posted Mon, 17 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Follow-up: Red rash on inside of buttocks, itching, painful. Used clotrimazole cream. Developing bump near rash 1 hour later
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 3 hours later
Hi Dear,

Thanks for writing in.

The rash you are describing can be seborrheic dermatitis, fungal infection , folliculitis etc.

If you can upload good quality photos of the affected skin ,it will help a lot in predicting the condition.

Also I would like to know-

Is it painful?

Is it scaly?

Itching is present more in day or night?

Is it responding to clotrimazole?

Any family member with similar problem?

Any systemic symptom like fever/ any other site affected?

Please answer the above questions to help you better.

Till then you can take tab .zyrtec for itching.
Apply moisturizer cream on affected area.

Anticipating your reply.