Red, pimply, itchy rash in ear, scalp, neck, chest and arms. Not painful. Liquid stools. Spreading to family.

Hi. I have a red pimply itchy rash that has started behind my ears and has spread to my scalp and down my neck to my chest and arms. It does not hurt, but it is starting to itch more. I have also felt a bit lethargic the last couple of days and my stool was quite liquid today. My husband also had the same stool issue, but has no rash on his body. I noticed the rash tonight as I was scratching behind my ears and then realized it had spread all over. I did notice that one of my little ones had a pimply rash on his legs today. Otherwise, I am very fit and in very good health. I am a 34 year old female and 124 lbs.
Posted Tue, 1 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 23 minutes later

The aforementioned rash can be anything from urticaria to an insect bite reaction.

I strongly recommend that you upload a picture of your rash. You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better. It is difficult for me to move ahead without a picture of the rash.

In the meantime, you may take antihistamines 2-3 times daily (like tablet fexofenadine). Please get them prescribed by your doctor.

You may also apply a soothing lotion like calamine over the affected area.

Awaiting your response.