Ask a Dentist   »  

Red patches on teeth, no pain, eating pan masala. Can you suggest how to clean out those patches?

I am a pan masala (read Rajnigandha but not Gutkha) chewer . My teeth(s) have got red patches from back though not in front and have formed a sort of layer at the back side. There is as such no problem like pain etc but i am getting worried now on how to clear the back of teeth and getting rid of those red patches. Brushes normally cant clear out those areas. Can you suggest me some techniques or any equipment which can help me clean out those patches? or visit to a doctor needed?
Posted Mon, 9 Jul 2012 in Dental Health
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 39 minutes later
I understand your situation here but best is to go for bleaching of teeth. it will help you get your teeth color back to normal. you can go for crowns or veeners but every treatment will be of temporary basis if you dont quit your habit.
You must quit this habit as this is very XXXXXXX for your health.
Consult your dentist for the techniques of removal of stains from back as well as from the front,if any.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck.