Red lump on edge of anus, tender and no pain. What is the treatment?
User rating for this question
Small lump inside on edge of anus, tender but overall no pain at all. Red colour
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Hemorrhoids Detailed Answer: Hello, This lump of the anus most likely appears to be due to hemorrhoids(Piles). These are basically engaged veins due to increased portal pressure. I usually treat them with local anesthetic gels and stool softening agents. However in view of high rate of recurrence, it is worthwhile to consult a surgeon and plan for surgical treatment. Hope the answer helps you. Let me know if there is any clarifications. Regards.
Follow-up: Red lump on edge of anus, tender and no pain. What is the treatment? 2 hours later
As these able to be purchased from a chemist?
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Lignocaine gels may be available on the counter. Detailed Answer: Hello, Lignocaine gels is available over the counter at most locations. I am sure you would get them over the counter at your place too. It may be applied twice a day around the anal opening. On the counter analgesic can be taken for a couple of days. If the pain and swelling does not reduce then consult your doctor. Hope the answer helps. Regards.
People also viewed
- Rash patches on thigh
- Pain around anus recurring hemorrhoids what is the treatment
- What is the treatment for painful swelling in anus
- What is the treatment for back pain and lump
- Ive found a lump the size of a pea in the side of my stomach
- What is the treatment for hard lumps on my anus
- Itchy ears dizzy spells tiredness
- Itchy palms racing heart
- What is the treatment for pain in anus
- Pregnant even with wet patch
- White patches on tongue pregnancy
- Itchy bumps tanning bed
- Itchy bumps with white dot
- Purple patches on tongue
- Purple patches on scar tissue