Red, itchy bumps on stomach, arm, thigh, cat fleas, no bed bugs, taking healthy diet

I have several red bumps on my stomach, a few under one arm, and a few at the top of one thigh. In total, about 70 bumps. They have continued to multiply for about a week. They are not very itchy, but can itch at times. I think feel more itchy when I think about it rather than they are itchy all the time. They do not appear in any pattern. Some are larger than others raging from a pencil eraser to a XXXXXXX They are slightly painful (more irritating, I guess) to the touch. We found 2 fleas on our cat and are treating the cats and house. We have not seen any other than the 2. Originally, I thought it might be flea bites, but I am the only one with bumps, and they are multiplying so rapidly and in a localized area that flea bites seem unlikely. I searched my house thorougly for bed bugs and found none. I have not changed any meds. My diet has become healthier in the past 2 months, but no change in the past week. There is no new detergent or soap in use. I am at a loss.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
From your description the most possible causes in my opinion are-
1. Erythema multiforme.
2. Dermatitis- due to skin infection, allergy,etc.
3. Dry skin- Xerosis.
4. Heat rash.
A direct examination by a dermatologist is the best way to get it diagnosed.
Most simple rashes improve with gentle skin care and avoiding irritating substances. You can help the improvement by
* Avoid scrubbing your skin.
* Use as little soap as possible. Use gentle cleansers instead.
* Avoid applying cosmetic lotions or ointments directly on the rash.
* Use warm (not hot) water for cleaning. XXXXXXX dry, don't rub.
* Eliminate any newly added cosmetics or lotions.
* Leave the affected area exposed to the air as much as possible.
* Try calamine medicated lotion.
* Hydrocortisone cream (1%) is available without a prescription and may soothe many rashes.
The patches usually take 5-7 days to disappear. Taking an oral anti allergic tablet will help.
If the patches become more of purple rather than red then you must consult a dermatologist immediately.

I hope my answer and recommendations are adequate and helpful. Waiting for your further follow up queries if any.