Red itchy bump appeared under nipple. How to remove this?

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
I have a red bump grow underneath my nipple. It is 3mm wide and 6mm long, and it is curved crescent like. It is itchy no pain. I have it for 10 days. it is not getting bigger but it is not disappearing. Have a picture can send.
Posted Wed, 6 Mar 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Rajiv K Khandelwal 26 minutes later

Thank you for your query and I appreciate the photographs that you have sent.

The lesion appears to be an inflammed fungal infection. I suggest you consult a dermatologist who may take a scrapping for investigation and put you on an anti-fungal ointment such as clotrimazole twice a day.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction. Please feel free to revert back in case you need any clarifications or would like to share more facts.

Wishing you an early recovery.

RKK