Red dots on skin appeared forming the shape of a square. How to get cured?

red dots on skin forming the shape of a square
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 1 hour later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided.

Based on the picture i think it might be contact dermatitis or insect bite.

It will better if you can recall, have you come across something that you usually wont. Whether the spots are associated with itching and site of this spots, are they spreading or anything that you think will be helpful in diagnosing.

Contact dermatitis, a itchy rash caused by things your skin touches, such as: cosmetics, soaps, and detergents, dyes and other chemicals in clothing, rubber gloves, shampoos, antibiotics such as neomycin rubbed on the surface of the skin or any plants. In case of sensitivity to sun exposed areas are affected.

Treatment for both includes washing with lots of water to remove any traces of the irritant that may remain on the skin. You should avoid further exposure to known irritants or allergens. In some cases, the best treatment is to do nothing to the area. I advice you not to scratch it as result in secondary infection.

In case of insect bite try to avoid further exposure, if you pets it might be insects which live on them.

Emollients or moisturizers help keep the skin moist, and also help skin repair itself. They protect the skin from becoming inflamed again. They are a key part of preventing and treating contact dermatitis.

Corticosteroid skin creams or ointments may reduce inflammation. Overuse, even of low-strength over-the-counter products, may cause a skin condition should be used with caution.

Over the counter antihistamine cream will be helpful.

You can also consider taking oral anti histamine which will be helpful if you have itching. These drugs are available as over the counter medication.

I advice you to follow this conservative approach, if it doesn't work or the symptom's severity increases i advice you to see dermatologist for examination and to for exact diagnosis. I sincerely hope that helps.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.