Red bumps appeared on hand and arm. Underlying cause?

Feb 2013

Hi recently i have red high bumps popping on my arm and hand area. Even my boyfriend has it
Posted Thu, 2 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 48 minutes later

Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic.

There are many reasons for the appearance of red bumps on the skin.

But I need the following information to know the details of bumps and to advise you in a better way.

What is the duration of these bumps?

Any history of insect bites in those areas?

Are these bumps itchy?

Are the bumps painful to touch?

Are they filled with any yellow material or pus in the centre?

Bacterial infection of skin will produce pustular skin lesions which initially present as red raised bumps and later they may turn into pustules.

These pustules will spread from one to another by contact. If your boyfriend is having similar skin bumps, this may be the possibility.

And physical examination is important to point out the type of skin lesions, so if you upload the skin lesions on this health portal, it will be more helpful to advise you in a more precised way.

Therefore kindly provide me the information I have asked in your follow up query.