Red brown itchy spots, bruises on the chest. Reason and treatment?

I have red spots that itch some but they are turning brown and bspoltchy like a bruise.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 7 hours later

Thanks for writing in.

I need some more details about your problem, like- for how long do you have them, where in the body are they present, do they come and go or are they persistent?

I need you to answer these questions for me to have a better insightof your problem.

Most of the times, these itchy red spots may be associated with diabetes.

You may use a soothing lotion like calamine 2-3 times daily over the affected area. This will give you good relief.

Awaiting your response

P.S.- You may consider attaching a pic of your rash using the "upload your reports" feature on the left hand side of the query page.

Follow-up: Red brown itchy spots, bruises on the chest. Reason and treatment? 10 hours later
The rash is on the left side of my chest. Has turned to dark spots.
Answered by Dr. Gaurang Krishna 11 hours later

For how long do you have this rash.

What is the size? Please attach a pic too.

You may use calamine lotion to get relief in the itch.