Recurring thrush, leaking urine, stomach pain. Laparoscopy showed polycystic ovaries. What could it be?

Hello, I am a 20 year old female, I keep having recurring bouts of thrush my GP has done swabs and has said its not thrush!!! What could it be, but for the last 10 months I have been leaking urine all the time. I also have a real bad stomach pain which is not getting better I saw a Gyn dr who did a laproscopy (Abdominal) Who said I do have Polycystic ovaries and my bowel is attached to my stomach wall, I have a feeling I want to be sick all the time but rarely is, My bowel motions are less than frequent when I do go its really sore and painful. I am in so much pain with my belly at times I can barely move this is impacting on my social live. Please help! Mainly night time I feel the need to be sick worst and need to pass water alot over night about 4-7 times a night
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 5 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
As far as the "thrush" is concerned, if swabs have ruled out Candida, we should be looking at things like Vitamin B complex deficiency, aphthous ulcers or simply gastro-esophageal reflux. I would like to know how many servings of fruits and vegetables you eat in a day and whether you have any acidity or burning sensation in the chest?
The leaking urine could be due to a take here is to do a urine routine and microscopy followed by a urine culture and sensitivity. This could also be contributing to the nausea you currently are experiencing.
For the bowel motions, we should be looking at plenty of fluids ( 3-4 litres in a day) and a high fibre diet. So try and include lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains in your diet. The whole idea would be to include a whole grain and some vegetables in everything you eat. If this does not help, please take Metamucil Original 1 tsp in 8 ounces of water. This has plenty of fibre and should help you out a lot.
I hope this helps. Once I have your answers , I can help you address the remaining concerns as well.

Follow-up: Recurring thrush, leaking urine, stomach pain. Laparoscopy showed polycystic ovaries. What could it be? 6 hours later
Hello Thank you for writing,
I eat about 3 potions of fruit a day, I have been told I am low on Vit D which my gp has put me on something to boost it up, My Gp did cutlers of my urine which came back with not much to worry about so she said that we need to try to reduce the leaking which has failed hugely I am going through 6 pads a day which Is not helping my depression I tell my friends I can't go out although they do force me most of the time, I try to drink a lot but it makes me feel really rough, I have acid reflux which is controlled by Ranitidine 150mg twice a day. My mobility has reduced drastically in the last few months, I am on crutches now for walking the shortest distances due to falling.
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
I think you don't have thrush, rather a vitamin B complex deficiency. This can be taken care by taking about 6 servings of fruits and vegetables daily. In addition, lots of water and small meals at frequent intervals can also help.
If the cultures are negative, we would need another investigation called a urodynamic testing. This will help us know exactly whats going on.
But there is 1 important thing to remember here. anxiety itself can lead to such a situation and I think that destressing can really help.
I would like to know more about the restricted mobility part. Are you falling because of the abdominal pain? Why are you using crutches?
Follow-up: Recurring thrush, leaking urine, stomach pain. Laparoscopy showed polycystic ovaries. What could it be? 7 hours later
I use the crutches for My legs due to Fibromayagia Pain which isn't well controlled at the moment and I do fall a lot, I also have another question my period is almost 6 months late I am not pregnant nor could be I am terrified not sure why but surely it'snot helping my stomach pain with my period being so late?
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 7 hours later
Fibromyalgia is a disorder where most people would get a lot of relief from their pain with exercise. I think we need to start controlling it much better and you may consider taking a second opinion as well.
Its unlikely that the stomach pain could be due to the missed periods. The missed periods could be due to your polycystic ovarian disease. We need to have a detailed workup in terms of FH, LH, estrogen and progesterone levels. You probably need to receive oral contraceptives, and probably other medication like metformin. In addition, exercise is also required ( since it improves insulin sensitivity)
hope that helps