Recurring slight yellow discharge from penis after stopping doxycycline. Should I get tested immediately?

Question
Oh, also he gave me a shot, didn't get to see the name but I assume it was for possibly ghonnorea
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 45 minutes later
Hi XXXXXX.

Thank you for putting up your problem to Healthcare Magic!
Possibly you have got sexually transmitted infection. The injectable is mostly an antibiotic of cephalosporin group and is appropriate.
Ideally a Gram stain and culture test should be sent prior to starting the treatment.
Anyway I hope you are clearing the infection now and please get the same sample as above at end of two weeks or before if your discharge becomes more and do urine routine and culture test of the midstream urine sample.
You should wait till two weeks till the infection clears fully.
If you have increased symptoms anytime the you should report to the local physician as soon as possible to avoid complications.
I hope this information would be both informative and helpful for you

Follow-up: Recurring slight yellow discharge from penis after stopping doxycycline. Should I get tested immediately? 6 hours later
So what you're saying is to wait the two weeks first and then get tested, correct?

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Hi XXXXXX
welcome back.
Yes, you are in the recovery phase, once the infection is clear which takes about two weeks you would cease the discharge and for confirmation get the culture after two weeks.
I hope the advise would be helpful.

Follow-up: Recurring slight yellow discharge from penis after stopping doxycycline. Should I get tested immediately? 5 hours later
Yes! Thank you so much :) no more drinking and hitting on chicks at the bar lol. Be safe and have a good one

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 5 hours later
Hi XXXXXX,
Welcome back to Healthcare.
Wish you a great health with refresh resolution.