Recurring nosebleeds. Has asthma, drinks a little, stays indoor. Worry about the bleeds?

I have a few questions concerning my grandmother's recurring nosebleeds...

I'm going to try to get her to go to the doctor's office after this weekend, but I'm not sure if she'll even go. I just really wanted to get some general information ASAP. She's 69, secretly drinks, stays INDOORS for 95% of each day because of asthma or something like it. I'm not even sure what information is needed, but these episodes worry me, because they can be quite severe.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 1 hour later
Given the history of symptoms, a multitude of possibilities arise. In order to rule them out and to help you better, I would request you to answer the following questions:
a.     How often does she have the nose bleeds and what stops the bleeding? How much does she bleed?
b.     Is your grandmother suffering from increased blood pressure? If yes, then is she taking her tablets regularly? If no, when was the last time her blood pressure was checked?
c.     Has she suffered from any trauma and hurt her nose recently?
d.     Is she bruising easily?
e.     Have you noticed any other unusual symptoms like yellowing of skin or an increase in the size of the abdomen?
Awaiting your reply. I wish you and your grandmother good health.