Recurrent bumps on stomach, thighs, arms. What could this be?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 2 year old son started to get a few bumps that resemble skin tags but with fluid in them on his skin, stomach, thighs, arms. Our dr. said to scratch them open & wash with anti bacterial soap. It worked for a couple months, now has come back. I notice now my 5 yr old son has the same bumps however they are on his genitals. What could this be?
Posted Wed, 1 May 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 1 hour later

Welcome to HCM!

The lesions that you describe look like they are due to bacterial skin infection.
For the first attack,antibacterial skin ointment and soap are OK.
But if it recurs , they may need oral systemic antibiotics.
Take care of general hygiene, with ref to towels, soap,etc ( keep them separate and washed separately to prevent cross infection.)

For the second child antibiotic ointment alone may be enough.

Good luck
Dr Uma