Recurrent acne on back & shoulder, heavy sweating. Any soap which can cure this?

I get lot of acne on the back and shoulders. It keeps coming. I sweat a lot. I bath twice a day once in the morning and once before going to bed. I work for IT Company and for almost 8 hrs I am in air conditioned environment. I want smooth, clear back and without spots. Please help. Is there any soap which can give relief from this.
Posted Thu, 31 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Truncal acne (acne of shoulder and back) are a bit resistant to treatment and take longer to clear than facial acne.

Treatment of acne back consists of long term administration of antibiotics like azithromycin , doxycycline etc.

Also topical clindamycin solutions can be used.

My personal experience is that salicylic acid peeling works well in back acne.

You can use the above mentioned option after consulting your dermatologist.

Soaps containing tea tree oil and aloe vera are good for acne.
Medicated soaps like acne aid bar, perobar soap can be used and are very effective for acne as well as pigmentation. Dermadew shower gel is also helpful.

Hope I’ve answered your query.
If you have any further query, feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan