Recommend vitamin and protien supplements for pregnant lady?

Infertility Specialist
Doctor, Its a happy moment to share that today's Pregnancy test for my wife is positive. Her last period started on 2nd November 2013. So its her 5th week right? If its right what will be your valuable guidance for her in terms of food/travel/work and other precautions. She is feeling tired, sleepy and she had back/hip pain. She is working as a accounts specialist in a company. At this time we need to take Folic acid, vitamins and proteins right. Please guide us if you can recommend some tablets or other supplements? Thanks in advance.
Posted Mon, 30 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 10 hours later
Brief Answer: Congratulations Detailed Answer: Hi Congratulations on positive pregnancy test. Its a good news indeed. She is 5 weeks now. Since it appears to be normal and healthy pregnancy. The folic acid and protein supplements she is taking are good enough and not a cause to worry. She does not need any additional suppliments. Make sure you get a transvaginal ultrasound scan done to check size of gestational sac and heart beat. Its advisable for her not to travel long distances as much as possible. Let her continue working. She has to take adequate rest at night and a nap in afternoon if possible. I think everything is fine now. Nothing to be concerned about. Please let me know scan report after getting it done. Regards Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Recommend vitamin and protien supplements for pregnant lady? 2 hours later
Thanks Doctor, She is taking only folic acid supplements. Can you please recommend some vitamin and protein supplements. Thanks.
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 6 minutes later
Brief Answer: No need Detailed Answer: Hi, I never advice any protein or vitamin supplements to my patients if they are healthy. These lead to unnecessary vomiting and intolerence in pregnancy. Hence only folic acid is more than enough. If any other doctor has prescribed it let her take. Otherwise i really see no point in taking them as everything is fine. Please get a scan done Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol