Received a Cortisone injection in neck. Severe pain in arm and numbness in fingers. Bone spur shown in CT scan. Advise to subside the pain?

I received a Cortisone in my neck one day ago to help with severe quick on-set pain running down my right arm and numbness in some fingers. After a CT Scan which showed a Bone Spur at C6 level I then followed up with an MRI. The Specialist then gave me the injection. The results were almost immediate and I had a pain free day. During the night however the pain increased to a high level. Is this normal and can I now expect the pain to subside gradually.
Posted Tue, 3 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 39 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Be patient for 48 hours, if pain persist, consult.

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query,

Hi and thanks for the query. Cortisone is a steroid and its action is expected not to last only for a day. I would suggest you stay calm again for one or two days. Its habitual that pain decreases. Persistence of the pain could imply need to take another injection, strong compressive or degenerative problem with the spine/nerve or might require a more invasive/surgical treatment option.

Be patient for 48 hours, and if pain persists, consult your specialist/neurosurgeon. Thanks and kind regards.

Bain LE, MD.