Reason for weakness, nausea, diarrhea, and dizziness?

My wife came home with some kind of stomach virus from her elementary school where it is "suppposed to going around." A couple days later I started to experience weekness, nausa, diaherra and the room spinning around whenever I go up. She seemed be with it for about couple days, Mine is lingering since Friday night now. Could it be something different than the little gift she brought from schoo?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 1 hour later
Brief Answer: It's true:she brought stomach virus home. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for sharing your concerns with Healthcaremagic. The symptoms both of you have indicate for a possible common viral infection. Sometimes, it might weaken your immune system, causing spinning around, nausea and diarrhea. I would suggest to take: - otc tasectan and probiotics for diarrhea - otc o.r.s to replace electrolytes and avoid dehydration - drink plenty of water - take multivitamin supplementation containing Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, vit.D (and others) to strengthen your immune system. If the symptoms will not improve or worsen within a week, should consult a physician to exclude complications. Hope fast recovery! Dr.Alba Feel free to ask me other questions you might have!