Reason for disorientation and weakness after taking Vertin?

ENT Specialist
I am using Vertin as 3 days back while I wake in the morning and experienced mild disorientation as I found whole room moving in circular directions for 10-15 sec. So, I visited one General physician age 65yrs and he gave me Vertin. He told me that it may be due to balancing fluid in ear. But, today I am feeling weak and found I am not able to control my movement and feeling now and then disrientation.
Posted Sat, 1 Mar 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Prahlad Duggal 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: A complete examination by a medical specialist Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for the query. The Vertin given by your GP is used for vertigo. But presently you are having central nervous system symptoms like not able to control movements and disorientation. These symptoms will also get some relief with Vertin, but the cause needs to be evaluated. Your medical history is that you have taken Betamethasone and this is a steroid. It can lead to increase in blood pressure and such symptoms can be because of that also. Please consult a medical specialist for complete evaluation for hypertension. If the physician says that this aspect is normal, then, please consult a neurologist and get a complete neurological examination done. You may need to undergo an MRI of the brain if your neurologist thinks so. Meanwhile you need to take rest and avoid sudden movements and risky jobs. Feel free to ask another query. Regards