Rattle in chest when breathing, soreness in upper back, nausea, no cold. What could it be?

Question
I can feel a slight rattle on the left side of my chest when I breath. Wat would it be?It started 2 days ago . I can't feel it wth my hands jus sometimes when I breath I feel a very slight rattle. No signs of a cold except being chilled this morning. I also have a sore upper back n nausea alot. But maybe nausea is my nerves . I don't know... And I have no medical issues that I'm aware of.
Posted Sun, 26 Aug 2012 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 3 hours later

Most of times rattling or crackling sounds heard or felt over the chest without a stethoscope is usually from the gastro esophageal junction.This happens due to escape of excess gas from the stomach.The gas in excess would be due to acidity in the stomach.

A 2 day history of such sounds on chest is not significant enough to consider any lung pathology.

I advice you to take syrup Pepto twice daily after food for three days.
I recommend you to consult a GP nearby who can examine you with a stethoscope and localise the pathology.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Rattle in chest when breathing, soreness in upper back, nausea, no cold. What could it be? 9 hours later
Thanks so much!! Could that be related to the gallbladder issues Ive been having for the last year??

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for writing back.

No, the chances are very rare for a gall bladder issue to cause excess gas in abdomen or leak in the gastro oesophageal junction.

Do take Pepto for three days and you shall see some relief.

Wish you speedy recovery.

Follow-up: Rattle in chest when breathing, soreness in upper back, nausea, no cold. What could it be? 8 hours later
Thanks alot!!!

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later
You are welcome,

Thanks for using this service.