Rash which breaks out under tummy, many surgeries performed on stomach, treatment

I have a rash that breaks out under my do I treat this? I'm not overweight but this is caused from too many surgeries leaving me with this problem
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 1 hour later

Thanks for your query,

If the scars are big i mean about 1cm wide then excision of the scar tissue surgically is the best solution . This should be done by a plastic surgeon who will excise the scar tissue and suture back the cut ends leaving clean and fine finishing which heal with a narrow or a thin scar and can be treated medically or with laser therapy.

Lasers treatments like with PDL (pulsed XXXXXXX laser) or ER-YAG (Erbium-Yttrium-Aluminum-Garnet ) have shown good results in hypertrophic surgical scars but they do have local side effects of their own like redness, irritation,swelling . burns etc

There are also creams available which do heal the scars ( specially smaller ones) with rare side effects .But they do need lot of time to get rid of the scar to some extent may be months to years .Some of the best brands recommended are Mederma and Scarheal ( WWW.WWWW.WW .

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.