Rash on penis, burning sensation after ejaculation. Had lump on scrotum and penis earlier. STD?

Dermatologist
Question
Hi, iam worried I may have contracted an std. This all started about 4 years ago. I had dated I girl who
Later informed me she "may" have herpes. Shortly after I developed a painless lump on my lower pelvis near
The shaft of my penis. This stayed with me for months then one day just healed and disapeared
About a year later I developed a single lump on my scrotum, it wasn't really painful, it was red and very hard
It too healed up and disapeared. Time past and I continued to periodically form a single lump on my pelvis or my scrotum. Recently I developed a rash around the head of my penis, I thought it may be thrush from sex the night before from the condom, it to healed with a flake like scab. I went to my doctor and he really didn't give me any answers, just ran a blood test for hiv and syphillis. I haven't had any "blisters" but after I ejectulate I have a burning sensation for about 30 mins, this happens only once and awhile. I also feel discomfort through out the day in my penis some times. Help me out please if you can.
Posted Wed, 5 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 1 hour later
Hello     
Welcome and thanks for your question
I would be pleased to help you with your Question

From your history and description of the lesions that you have had there are 2 possibilities:
Urethritis
Candidal balanitis

Both these conditions are treatable. For the Candidal balanitis you will need to put an anti fungal cream on the area twice a day for 10 days . For the Urethritis you will need to take in an empirical antibiotic treatment which you can get by prescription from your Family physician which will include an empirical antibiotic like azithromycin single dose and a 3 week course of Doxycycline.

Follow-up: Rash on penis, burning sensation after ejaculation. Had lump on scrotum and penis earlier. STD? 9 hours later
Thanks for the fast reply. So these deseases can stay with a person this long and are they wasy to spread like herpes? Also the lesions do sometimes become open sored during the healing peocess, I should have mentiond that. Not really sure how many follow questions I get :s. I just want to be certain its not herpes
Last thing, and I realize I only get two of these. I spoke with my ex and she said her first sign was a cluster of small blister like open sores. But she hasent had anything since. My doctor said because I have cold sores since I was a kid a bloos test would only determine iam positive because it doesn't seperate hvs1 and hsv2. I am not sure what to believe. I looked up both those deseases you recommended but didn't find anywhere it said those would have single lumps that would open and then heal. Or be as re-occuring as mine is. I know it can be hard to diagnose just from these small details. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 2 days later
I am sorry for the delay.
Let me assure you that your description is not typical of herpes infection. Your ex girl friend description is almost right that the herpes blisters appear in cluster and they are extremely painful too. The doctor was in fact right that you cannot differentiate HSV1 and HSV2 with a blood test. Your lump is not spreading as you were thinking. It is just reoccurring. The points that are against herpes
1)     You do not have a painful lump
2)     You do not complain of fever, cluster of blisters and other constitutional symptoms
3)     You have had cold sores (HSV1) as a child. You develop immunity against herpes so very unlikely to have HSV2.
4)     The single lump could have arisen from the numerous crypts / glands on the penis. The next time it could be from the hair follicle on the scrotum
5)     The std’s do not cause blisters on the scrotum generally. They stick to the exposed parts.

Hope my answer is convincing and you start to believe that you had not contracted STD’s without any typical features of infection.

Follow-up: Rash on penis, burning sensation after ejaculation. Had lump on scrotum and penis earlier. STD? 7 hours later
Thank you very much, this is a great lift off my shoulders. I had been thinking for the past 5 years I had herpes, I ve even ended relationships over it. I should mention that my last lump on my pelvis was very painful and I was able to pop it with a pin. A little pus and blood came out but it remained hard, its scabbed over and is still visible but is healing. It most definitely will scar like previous ones before. So my next doctors app is the 22nd of this month. What should I mention to him and what tests should I seek?? Thank you so much

Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 4 hours later
Thanks for the query and delayed reply .

You should get your basic tests done such as Complete Blood count , Urethral Swab , scrapping of the glans area for any particular yeasts cell growth .

You should ask him to provide you with an antibiotic cream for the same healing lesions .

Thanks and Take care