Rash in inner arms, waistline, lower back. Suggest treatment

I have a rash tht 2ven kmow with meds clears up so, e of the bumps but now they are moving in symetricboth ofmy inner arms and waistline now my lower back .its not shingle had them years back it makes me nervous it just keeps moving around my body
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Achuo Ascensius 4 hours later
thanks for the query

Rash can be caused by various conditions. Such conditions include infections (bacterial, fungal and viral), hyper-sensitivity/allergic reactions and irritation from substances in contact with the skin.
Bacterial infections are acute and rapidly evolving, easily contagious and will spread to another location if a finger used to touch a rash is used on a healthy area. Generally, the rash is reddish, may be filled with pus, or may have small dripping wounds.
Fungal infections turn to be chronic. Candida infections turn to affects mostly areas of skin fold and humid areas. The armpit, waistline (especially in fat individuals with folding of abdominal wall) and groin or inguinal regions are frequent places for Candida infection.
Viral infections are symmetrical and may be localized or spreading. They may present as fluid filled bumps.
Hypersensitivity reactions will be location specific in case of reaction to a local irritant or could be generalized in case of a systemic or ingested irritant.
Atopic dermatitis is common in people with family history of allergy or asthma or hives etc. It presents symmetrically and has a re-occurrence pattern occuring on a particular time in subsequent years.
In your case, the characteristic occurrence on the inner arms and waistline makes it more likely to be fungal in origin and antifungal such as ketoconazole, terbinafide, griseofulvin etc will help. However, only an appropriate physical examination will give definite diagnosis.Thus you might consider seeing your doctor for physical examination and possible tests.

Hope i have shed some light on your query.If you do have follow up queries, i will be glad to help more.
Best regards