Rash from perineal region to anus and scrotum. Tingling in arms. Intermittent fever.

I currently have a rash on the right side of my perenium all the way to my anus which is painful all of the time especially when seated. I now also have two large rashes/sores on my scrotum which feel rather rubbery and I'm also feeling sick and have tingling sensations in my arms some of the time as well as intermitent fever
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Radhika 4 hours later

You have provided me with good information.

You have developed rashes on your perineal region to anus and scrotum.
Rashes can develop due to allergies to a particular fabric, soap, detergent used to wash clothing. Use cotton panties as they absorb moisture and allow air through more readily. Hypoallergenic detergents are available for people sensitive to regular laundry detergents.

It could also most probably due to bacterial or yeast infection. These conditions will often require treatment. Over the counter Benadryl pills will help settle down the area, if it is an allergic reaction, you could take a tablet twice a day for 5 days. If it persists you need to get it evaluated by a Dermatologist.

You also have tingling sensation in the arm. This could be due to poor circulation or it can also be caused by lying awkwardly or lack of movement. Similarly muscle cramp or spasm can cause similar sensations.

It can also be caused due to lack of vitamin B12 or other vitamins, insect or spider bites. Rarely, it can be due to nerve injury. If it persists it is better to get evaluated by your physician.

If you get fever intermittently, you need to do certain blood investigations like:
1. Complete Blood profile (Hb,TC(total count), DC (differential count), ESR(erythrocyte sedimentation rate).
2.Widal Test.

Meanwhile you can Tablet Tylenol twice a day for 5 days. Drink more fluids.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if you have no further queries.