Random blood test showed PSA level 54. Sonography revealed enlarged prostate gland. Advised for a bone scan. Help?

I just did a random blood test for my dad who is 75 yrs old to check for any abnormalities and found his PSA level high at 54, however he never complained of any such symptoms. after advise from an urologist we went ahead with further test and his sonography revealed that enlarged prostate gland of 44 gms and then doctor advised to do a TRUS biopsy which revealed poorly differentiated adenocarcinoma and XXXXXXX score of 5+4 =9. now he is advised for a bone scan and reports are awaited and a procedure of (removal of testes) Orchiectomy. Is there any other alternative for this procedure, because he is not keen as this procedure is not reversable. please help ..thanks
Posted Mon, 28 Oct 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 39 hours later
Brief Answer:
It is inevitable

Detailed Answer:

If the cancer has metastasized to testis, then the only way to treat the same is by its removal. Any other modes of treatment like chemotherapy or radiotherapy would not be as efficient as surgery.

I am sorry to say that he has no choice but undergo surgery for an healthy outcome.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.