Radiology shows white line sort of shadow on chest X-ray. Could this be cancer?

A radiology has shown a white line sort of shadow on my chest x ray. Could this be cancer?
Posted Thu, 5 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 33 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reassurance Detailed Answer: thank you for sending the question. This white line does not necessarily indicate cancer. However your doctor might recommend a repeat x-ray at some point in the near future or possibly a CT scan. The repeat imaging will help determine if this is something which is stable or whether it is something that is worth investigating further. Also it is important to figure out what your risk is. If you are a longtime smoker this might be something more significant. Otherwise I would recommend that you sit down with your doctor and have a thorough discussion thanks again for sending the question. Please let me know if you have any additional specific concerns that we can address. Dr. Galamaga