Questionnaire for assignment on Inter-professional collaboration

My name is XXXXXXX and I am a university student. I am doing an assignment on Inter-professional Collaboration. I visited many doctors but all were too busy to help me. This may take around 20 minutes of your time but could you please, please answer the following ten questions and keep in mind that confidentiality is 100% and your answers could be short and simple.

Q1) Describe your profession. What are your key roles? Do you specialize in a particular area of your discipline?
Q2) Do you see your profession as a rewarding career choice?
Q3)In your opinion the role of the pharmacist?
Q4) Are there any areas where a pharmacist's role could expand?
Q5)Are there areas where you feel a pharmacist has over-stepped their boundaries?
Q6)Have you ever sought advice of a pharmacist? Please describe the situation?
Q7)Has a pharmacist ever sought advice from you?
Q8)What role do you play in collaborative health care approach?
Q9)Do you feel as though your professional opinion is valuable in a collaborative health care approach?
Q10) What role do you see a pharmacist performing in an inter-professional collaboration?

I know it will take around 20 minutes of your time but could you please help me. Keep in mind that short answers are required not long paragraphs.

Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later

I am answering your questionnaire to the best of my knowledge.

1. I am a doctor- mainly treat patients and consult patients online. I am a Gynecologist.
2. Yes. I feel very happy even when a patient says a simple thank you.
3. Pharmacist plays a very responsible role in the treatment.
4. Yes. In the field of medical research, molecular designing.
5. Sometimes they do by selling over the counter products too overconfidently and they do sometimes misguide the patient by giving their own comments about a doctor's prescription.
6. Never.
7. Yes. Many times.
8. My role is fixed- treating the patients and preventing diseases.
9. Yes.
10. A pharmacist can play an important role in dispensing an informed prescription.
He is the person who comes in direct contact with a large number of patients and he can guide them well.

I would like to know some more details about your assignment.

Hope my answers are helpful.
I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.

Follow-up: Questionnaire for assignment on Inter-professional collaboration 25 hours later
Can you please give me more information on what you believe a pharmacist's role is and in what areas they could expand. Also an example of when a pharmacist sought advice from you. Finally for question 10, is that the only role you see a pharmacist playing, if yes why and if why not what other roles do you see them playing in an inter-professional collaboration.

I really want to thank you, you have been really, really grateful :D.

What would you like to know about the assignment?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 5 hours later

Thanks for writing again.

A pharmacist is essential in carrying out the proper treatment. They can expand their role in scientific research, drug designing and molecular remodelling to find newer molecules with better activities and lesser side effects.

A pharmacist was working under me while I was carrying out a Phase III clinical trial for Ranbaxy. He used to seek advice on all kinds of drug interactions and ADR monitoring that we did.

A pharmacist can play multiple roles like doing prescription monitoring or internet pharmacy.

Hope my answer is helpful. Write back if you have further queries.