Pulses on belly and neck. ECG and BP normal. Worried about aorta aneurysm

Hello, I am 36(man) and a few the heart pulses on my belly from last two months. Worse in the night, Some nights it is better, some it is worse. I also feel a little in neck. I did 24h ECG and blood pressure and nothing was found in November. My doctor checked last week ( by hands ) and says I am too stressed. I have just read now about this aorta aunerism and got scared. Could you let me know you opinion?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

The epigastric pulsations (pulsations on the abdomen) are seen in aortic aneurism but it is not presented alone .The aneurism is associated with many other vascular malformations which will be very evident to be missed.Hence, I do not suspect aortic aneurism to be the cause here.

Such pulsations can be seen in heart failure and in portal hypertension (pressure in the blood vessels carrying blood from intestines to liver).Portal hypertension is a condition which can predispose to Piles (haemorrhoids). I would suggest you to rule out both the above causes .You have got the 24h ECG this rules out the heart problem partially , do get an 2D ECHO to confirm the hearts safety and do get a detailed physical examination and a proctoscopy done to rule out the presence of any piles and portal hypertension.

If you have no signs of any of the above suspects , then I would consider to assure you that there would be nothing to worry .Good physical exercise will help you get rid of it completely.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.