Pulsation in left foot, swooshing sensation in blood vessels. History of engorged spider veins. How is pulsation prevented?

General Surgeon
For the past few days, I've felt a pulsation in my left foot. It feels like a swooshing through the blood vessels. I do have engorged spider veins that cause my left foot to swell if I don't get rest and elevate my feet.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Swapnendu Sekhar Ghosh 4 hours later

From the history presented by you, it seems that you have some arterioveinous fistula developed in the affected limb. The feature you have described is typical of the condition.

Please consult your doctor for confirmation of the same. Vascular surgeon may help you getting it corrected.

Please get it checked and get treatment for the condition.

Hope, I have answered your queries. Please accept my answer in case you do not have follow up queries.

wish you a healthy life.