Pulling sensation in lower left abdomen. No pain or swelling. Hernia?

Hello. Today I have been experiencing a pulling sensation when I walk in my lower left abdomen. No pain or swelling. It does not feel like a hernia and no lump but when I flex my leg to walk it feels like there is an elastic pulling my lower abdomen. Stool is fine, no fever, and everything else seems normal to me.

Any advice on what it could be? If it is a muscle pull how long would it take to heal?

Posted Mon, 16 Sep 2013 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Shoaib Khan 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle or ligament pull; 3-7 days healing time

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome.

Thank you for writing in.

First of all, hats off for the research you have done. The list of conditions that could cause such a presentation in a male are:
-Digestive disorders: Completely ruled out with the help of a colonoscopy; but as you have not reported any gastric symptoms, this could be avoided; although if your symptoms do not disappear within 3-7 days or recur, this will have to be considered
-Kidney infections/stones: Will have symptoms like frequent urination, burning sensation while urinating, nausea, vomiting, etc.
-Hernia: Ruled out by a physical examination and you have not reported a lump or constipation in your presentation; so can be ruled out
-Muscle or ligament pull: Usually takes 3-7 days to resolve. Please avoid putting strain on the leg, and avoid uncomfortable positions. Although, if this lasts for longer or recurs then a physical examination would be required, backed up by investigations to find the cause for the same.

Hope this information helps you. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I would be more than happy to help you.

Best wishes.