Puffy and bloodshot eye after waking up. Taking medicine for prostate problem. Cause and cure?

When I wake up, my eyes are puffy and bloodshot. Also, I feel weaker than I was a couple of months ago; I excercise every other day. I don't smoke. I am taking tablets for a prostate problem, but I have experimented with reducing them and cutting them out and there is no difference, so I doubt whether that is the cause.
Posted Fri, 15 Mar 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 10 minutes later
Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
How long do you sleep?
Are you on alcohol?
Do you have blood pressure or sugar problems?
How is your renal function?
Take some vitamins,sleep well and take adequate rest for some days.
Check your blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
If the eyes stay puffy all round the day consult a nephrologist.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing your child a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day
Follow-up: Puffy and bloodshot eye after waking up. Taking medicine for prostate problem. Cause and cure? 58 minutes later
I sleep a long time now; maybe eleven hours. Yes, I drink alcohol every other day. My blood pressure is low and always has been. How do I tell my renal function? I don't have a child.
Answered by Dr. Samik Basu 2 hours later
Kindly give up alcohol if you can.
Ask your doctor to conduct renal function tests for you.
Take lots of rest.
Have a healthy life