Prune belly syndrome, blood in urine. Reason ?

HI MY SON IS NOW 26 YEARS OLD. HE HAVE PRUNE BELLY SYNDROME. HE NOW HAVE STARTED TO HAVE BLOOD IN HIS URINE. WE HAVENT HAd any luck finding a doctor to no anything about this since his pediatrician. What could this be and he now lives at XXXXXXX i have a female friend that had her cycle but after it ended it started back 2 days later and have been spotting for 2 weeks now with stomach pain
Posted Tue, 8 May 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 7 hours later

Urinary tract involvement in the Prune Belly syndrome( Eagle-Barrett syndrome; Triad syndrome) is a very common issue.

Well the exact reason for the blood in the urine could only be ascertained by getting investigations like Urine routine analysis to rule out infections and a Ultrasound scan to rule out bladder stones and other structural abnormalities. Both will give insights into the cause and help in further management.

As for your friends problem I consider it to be hormonal imbalance,I would advice her to consult a gynecologist without waiting anymore.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.