Protected sex, morning fatigue, pain behind eyes, white patches on tonsils, sore throat. Any thoughts?

I had sex with a guy around the first week of the month and all this week I have been having problems I tested negative yesterday which would have been 4 weeks since the exposure date...

- Morning Fatigue started around Tuesday I just wake up feeling like crap
- Pain behind my eyes sort of like I have the flu
- Yellow/White Patches on my tonsils and yesterday I'm not 100% sure if I had a white patch on the roof of my mouth because came right off when I ran my tongue across it
- It's 6:24am I woke up a hour ago and I still feel like hell
- My temperature right now is 97.1 its been either 97.1, 98.1, 98.2, or 98.6 the whole week
- Throat issues feeling sore started on Sunday then everything has came a few days later

The sex was protected both times that particular day but he did put the tip of penis around my anal area and grinded a lot and I'm not 100% sure if he was able to slide it in or not but I know when he penetrated me it was protected so I think my exposure risk maybe high due to that.

Any thoughts?
Posted Thu, 20 Sep 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 40 minutes later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

HIV does not spread through healthy skin to skin contact. As it was a protected sex during penetration, chances of contracting disease are very few.

In you have not had oral sex, you shouldn't develop oral infection due to this. It takes many years to develop HIV infection as AIDS, but some can show flue like symptoms in the acute phase.

As HIV test can give false negative results during window period, you should get your HIV tested after 3 and 6 months of incidence.

At present you should consult an ENT Specialist and get your throat examined, and take treatment as per his prescription. Investigations like Culture & sensitivity of throat swab can identify infecting organism and effective antibiotics.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma