Protected sex, had flu, fever. Was negative for ELISA. Are my ELISA results conclusive?

I had my first and only msm protected exposure in july, i didn,t show any symptoms back then. On decmebr 7th ( which is 4.5 months after potential exposure) i tested for hiv by doing thr lab Elisa hiv1/2 test as well as tested for other stds and all my results were negative!
On dc 25th i developed flu smptoms and a fever that lasted for about two days which got me freaked out and i think i now have this paranoia of hiv!
My question is : are my elisa test results at 4.5 months considered final conclusive? Can i breathe again?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 3 hours later

Thanks for query

First of all you had protected sex, so your chances of exposure was greatly reduced and secondly you got yourself tested after the window period of 3 months.
So according to me there is no chance that you might be having Hiv right now. What you have caught is regular flu

It is good that you had protected sex but please do avoid multiple sexual partners in the future as there are other sexy transmitted diseases you could get other than HIV, like syphilis , gonorrhea, infectious mononucleosis, etc
which are XXXXXXX and harmful.

I hope I have answered to your query, if there are no further queries please accept my answer.

I wish you good health