Protected sex, condom broke, taken Plan B, negative pregnancy test, delayed period. Why is it taking so long?

I had protected sex with my boyfriend on XXXXXXX 1st, the condom broke but he hadn't ejaculated. I took Plan B on XXXXXXX 2 about 40 hours after sex as a safety precaution. I got a period from Plan B a week later, Around XXXXXXX 9th. I still havent got my period again. I took multiple pregnancy test but the were all negative. Why is it taking ling for my period to arrive?
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 18 minutes later
The delay in your periods is due to the plan B you took on 2nd XXXXXXX Since you had a withdrawal bleeding on 9th XXXXXXX it is likely that you might have your period around 9th of february. A delay in the next period is a common side effect of taking plan B.
Since your repeated pregnancy tests are negative, there is nothing to be worried about.
The delay in your periods is not indicative of pregnancy.
But I would advise you to use a surer way of contraception like oral pills as plan B if taken repeatedly can cause you menstrual irregularities.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.