Protected sex. Found blood on condom. Low risk or high risk of STD? Wait to get tested?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
Dear Doctor.
I am a male 32 yrs old.
I had two episodes with sex workers around 2 weeks ago in Dubai.
The 1st one was protected sex however i tounged her clitoris for around 10 seconds. She was dry and I dont believe there was any fluid i came in contact with nor am I aware of any wounds or sores in my mouth then.
The second incident was protected sex however after sex i found blood on the condom. I carefully disposed the condom using tissues and washed my hands and used a hand sanitizer.

I will get tested as soon as the window period is over but I'd like to know if these incidents can be considered low risk or high risk. Should I be worried?
Posted Mon, 7 May 2012 in HIV and AIDS
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 5 hours later

Protected sexual intercourse without any exchange of body fluids are considered low risk but then you had oral contact, so testing would be necessary.

Still with the details you have provided it is highly unlikely for you to contract the human immunodeficiency virus. But since we do not know the status of the sex worker for sure, it's advisable to get a basic ELISA (Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test done and relieve any doubts.

Please do not worry but do not engage in such risky behaviour if feasible in future.