Pressure in lower pelvis after exercise. X-ray said Mild scleriosis of the sacroiliac joint present. Meaning?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
I'm a female 49 years old. I'm a active person, I like to exercise, especially walking and sometimes the gym. Recently I was jogging more frequent but suddently I started to feel a presurre like the lower part of my pelvis. I always have back problems with lower back pain but when i felt this I can't do too mucho exercise because I feel the presurre in that area. I'm taking terapies and went to a Chiropractor felt better but yesterday did some exercise and it started to hurt again. The doctor prescribed a X-Ray and the results came as follow:
Pelvis AP and frog
There is mild sclerosis and irregularity of the surface of the symphysis pubis consistent wil mild osteitis pubis. Mild scleriosis of the sacroiliac joint also present.
The hip and joints appear normal.

Please give me your opinion
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Your X-ray findings are suggestive of inflammatory changes around symphysis pubis which is responsible for the sudden pain you had recently.
Adequate rest and NSAIDs like acetaminophen or ibuprofen are the mainstay of treatment till the acute pain subsides.
In severe cases, oral steroids and local steroid injections at the affected joint are also helpful in reducing the inflammation.
You need to consult your orthopedician for a detailed evaluation and necessary medicines. Physiotherapy is helpful once the acute pain subsides.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.