Pressure in abdomen, liver enzymes elevated, soft stools, liver function tests

I have had a weird feeling of pressure in my right abdominal area under the rib cage for 3-4 weeks now. It is NOT painful, and it is only intermittent - but it is noticeable. I recently had an annual physical and my liver enzymes came back slightly elevated (65). Stool has been a little soft, but otherwise fine. I don't abuse alcohol (maybe 3-4 drinks/week). I otherwise feel great - high energy, good appetite, no cold, no fever, no jaundice. Is this symptomatic of anything I should be monitoring? Am i catching some early signs of something wrong with my liver?
Posted Sun, 22 Apr 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 32 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

The Enzyme level ( 65 ) mentioned do not support any serious problem in the liver .But yes, there should be a kept a good observation on the liver functioning as you get symptoms in the area where liver resides.

I would suggest you to get Liver Function tests every 3 months for two times from now and get a Ultrasound scan of the abdomen as soon as possible to rule out any gall stones or structural abnormalities in the liver.

I could be sure that the symptom you have is not related or a sign of a early liver disease . The above tests are just to be on safer side.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.