Prescribed prometrium after IUI. Tastes very bad. Feel vomiting. Can I take orally?

Infertility Specialist
My fertility specialist prescribed ne prometrium 200mg three times a day for 15 days after i had my iui done on monday (3days ago). He told me to poke a hole in the capsule and keep it under my tongue until it dissolves for better absorption. My problem whith this is that it tastes very disgusting and since its not made to be used sublingually the capsule takes forever to dissolve. Im worried that im not going to be able to be compliant with this medication because of the horrible taste. I have even vomited from the taste already. Cant i just take it orally?
Posted Sun, 3 Nov 2013 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
take orally

Detailed Answer:
Hi, these are progesterone medicines. They are definitely bitter to taste. They can be taken orally and swallowed with a glass of water. Absolutely no problem. No need to take sublingually since it tastes bad. I hope your doubt is cleared. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol. IVF & Infertility Specialist
Follow-up: Prescribed prometrium after IUI. Tastes very bad. Feel vomiting. Can I take orally? 5 minutes later
Thank you! My dr said that it would work better sublingually. But i just couldnt stand the taste .
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Works orally.

Detailed Answer:
Hi it works orally too. Dont worry. Regards