Prescribed fertigyn during pregnancy. Is it safe?

my wife is 1 month in her has pescribed her Fertigyn 5000 injection once a week. how safe it is?
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 34 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query 
Fertigyn is chorionic gonadotropin hormone which prevents the disintegration of corpus luteum of the ovary and thereby maintains progesterone production which ultimately helps in preservation of pregnancy and normal growth and development of the baby.
Although there are few side effects like headache,restlessness,fatigue,abdominal pain etc but it doesn't harm the baby.
This injection is perfectly safe and keep taking them.
Have good nutritious food and do yoga to de stress your self.
I hope to have answered your query however you can revert to me fir any other query.
Thanks and best of luck.