Prescribed Zanocin. Having rashes. Absolute eosinophil count is 660/cumm. Treatment?

i have given zanocin 100 syrup by doctors prescription to my child he is 4.5 years old but now he has rashes on body what is the reason now his eosinphils is above range and absolute eosinophil count is 660/cumm which is also high range.what treatment should be given
Posted Sun, 16 Jun 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 11 hours later

With high eosinophil count and the rashes, it confirms that the condition is due to allergic reaction. The cause for the allergic reaction could be the Zanocin or something else. This can be made sure only by stopping the Zanocin.

Do give him antiallergic medications like Chlorpeneramine, the dosage of which has to be formulated by his treating doctor after examining him.

Hope I answered your query.

Please let me know if there are any other concerns.