Prescribed Propysalic for dark spots on feet. Now skin is dry, dark and patchy. What should I do?

Excellent

Dermatologist
Question
A few dark spots appeared on my feet which the dermatologist said was a fungal infection caused by my sandals. He prescribed me Propysalic NF6 for a week and asked to visit him again.
However, i could not see him after the week and continued applying it. Now, the skin around the are has dried, darkened and appears to be patchy. What should i do?
Posted Sun, 9 Sep 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 35 minutes later
Hello
Thanks for writing in.
From the description of your lesions, it seems you had contact dermatitis to sandals (and not fungal infection) for which you were prescribed topical steroid and salicylic acid combination by your dermatologist. It seems like since you have been applying it, the lesions have healed with post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and dryness. For this, you can apply a moisturizer and a mild steroid combination like Betnovate which will take care of pigmentation over a period of time. However, it will be best to get visually examined or upload a photograph of the lesion. Please use the 'Upload your reports' section on the right to upload a picture

Hope this helps.

Dr. R.P. Gupta
Dermatologist & Laser Surgeon
Delhi

Follow-up: Prescribed Propysalic for dark spots on feet. Now skin is dry, dark and patchy. What should I do? 15 hours later
Hello Doctor,
Thank you for your quick response. I am uploading the pictures of the lesions as asked by you. Kindly check them and reply.

Answered by Dr. R. P. Gupta 8 hours later
Hello

I have seen the photographs. It seems you are having post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. Follow the treatment advised in the above post. It will help.

Dr. R.P. Gupta
Dermatologist & Laser Surgeon
Delhi