Pregnant with twins. Constipated and have stress during bowel movement. Can Cremaffin syrup be taken?

Infertility Specialist
I am 25 weeks pregnant with twins. I am severely constipated and have stress during bowel movement. Can Cremaffin syrup taken occasionally (once in a week).
If not, please prescribe me any other standard and recommended stool softener taken during pregnancy.
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 39 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Following is my reply : 1) Twin pregnancy is associated with increased incidence of bowel and bladder disturbances mainly due to pressure effects. 2) Syrups tablets give temporary releaf. Best is to practice sleeping left lateral position. Drink plenty of water and include lot of green leafy vegetables in diet. 3) Meanwhile you can continue syrup as you are taking which is not a problem if taken once in a while. I hope your doubt is cleared. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol.