Pregnant with red blotchy rash on legs. What could be these?

Jul 2012

I get a red blotchy rash on legs only at night... I'm also pregnant I don't know if that has something to do with it.
Posted Thu, 7 Mar 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 10 minutes later
Hi there.
yes hormonal changes that occur in pregnancy sometimes do precipitate these type of rashes. I take it these are transient & not itchy. How long has this been occuring for & in which trimester are you currently or in other words what part of your pregnancy & is this the first pregnancy & if not, has a similar rash occured in prior pregnanacies? Relax. It is most likely a vascular reaction pattern if it is asymptomatic & will resolve on its own & some bland calamine based lotion may be applied to the affected regions for symtpomatic relief & it is absolutely safe in pregnancy. Wish you a speedy recovery & a safe pregnancy! Cheers!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Follow-up: Pregnant with red blotchy rash on legs. What could be these? 3 minutes later
I'm in my 2nd trimester. They itch a little bit but nothing too bad. They just appear almost every night.
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 1 hour later
XXXXXXX If 2nd trimester, do try a mild plain hydrocortisone base cream locall appln & it should disappear in 2-3 days. If itch not too severe, no need of oral tabs. Cheers & trust this helps! Godspeed!
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD