Pregnant with quadruplets. Is there any injection to stop two eggs from growing?

Hi my sister is pregnant 7week 1day n is carrying quadruplets all babies are just doing well but my sister is not ready for this she checked with her doctor n was informed she can take a injection n stop 2 eggs from growing n can only keep twins grow ,I want to know can this happen n if yea how much is the injection costing n where about in Mumbai she can take that injection if u can suggest.also can she keep just one baby
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
This is not possible with medicines or surgically

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Any injection that you take for decreasing the growth of the baby or aborting any one baby will affect all other babies also. There is no such medicine or injection that will affect only two babies and will keep the other two babies safe. Selective abortion of one or two babies with the help of medicines is not possible.
Please do consult a competent gynecologist for adequate supplements as this will need an extra care and extra supplements.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Pregnant with quadruplets. Is there any injection to stop two eggs from growing? 1 hour later
Hello doctor ,
What about this post online that I read which means there is something for this

The justification for eliminating some fetuses in a multiple pregnancy was always to increase a woman’s chance of bringing home a healthy baby, because medical risks rise with every fetus she carries. The procedure, which is usually performed around Week 12 of a pregnancy, involves a fatal injection of potassium chloride into the fetal chest. The dead fetus shrivels over time and remains in the womb until delivery. Some physicians found reduction unnerving, particularly because the procedure is viewed under ultrasound, making it quite visually explicit, which is not the case with abortion. Still, even some doctors who opposed abortion agreed that it was better to save some fetuses than risk them all.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not recommended in India.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing again.
The potassium chloride injection is given at 16-20 weeks in chromosomally abnormal babies after which the abortion is induced.
In case of multiple pregnancies, there is a chance of damage to the other fetal sacs during the procedure and it poses a risk for other babies too. It is not usually recommended for use in case of multiple pregnancies as the risk of birth defects in rest of the babies is higher.
Hope my answer is helpful.
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you good health.