Pregnant with first child. Had a test for rubella and toxoplasmosis. Should I be worried about toxo IgG result?

Infertility Specialist
hello, I am 10 weeks pregnant with my first child. Recently my gynaec had asked me to do test for rubella and toxoplasmosis and both have come out positive (IgG) should i be worried with the toxo IgG result ?
Posted Sun, 1 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 4 minutes later
Brief Answer: Dont Worry Detailed Answer: Hi, These TORCH group of infection profile are not really necessary and outdated. Moreover IgG indicates its a past infection and is healed. So there is absolutely no need to worry. But remember to get nuchal translucency scan at 12 weeks and anomaly scan at 20 weeks which are normally necessary in all pregnant women. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Pregnant with first child. Had a test for rubella and toxoplasmosis. Should I be worried about toxo IgG result? 2 hours later
ok ,thanks doc Doctor has made me do a Antibody to Toxo IgM to find out if it is recent infection so was worried if IgM comes out positive. In case it comes out positive will it have permanent effects on my baby or is it something that can be taken care of with medication. Transclucency scan is scheduled for dec 1st week and i do remember doc telling me about anomaly scan! Regards, XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Relax Detailed Answer: Hi, I am quite certain that in patients like you the result of IgM will be generally negative. Hence dont worry about it. EVen if it is positive, there are medicines to tackle it. Hence be relaxed and dont worry. Regards