Pregnant with discharge of mucus plug and back pain. No contractions. In labour?

33 weeks pregnantmy daughter is 33 weeks pregnant and lost her mucus plug 2 weeks ago and is now complaining of her private hurting and sever back pain it hurts her to walk I had back labor with my first one but that was 19 years ago oh and she is only 15 could she be in labor or having back labor like me cause there are no contractions in her belly
she says sometimes the pain is worse than other are these contractions in her back and should I time them
Posted Sat, 23 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 3 hours later

Thanks for writing to us

33 weeks pregnancy with discharge of mucous plug and back pain indicates preterm labour pains

It is better get an ultrasound done to see the funneling of the cervix or get pelvic examination done by a gynecologist to see the cervical opening.

Till then take strict bed rest
Isoxsuprine hydrochlorode and antispasmodics should be taken under doctor's guidance and prescription

Regular BP check up is required

Amount of liquor and approximate fetal weight can be calculated by ultrasound

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome