Pregnant, what precaution I need to follow during my air journey?

hii there
I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I'm permanently moving to perth so it's 5 hrs journey by plane, what precaution I need to follow during my journey

Posted Thu, 27 Jun 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 26 minutes later

First of all congratulations to the mother to be.

By and large pregnant lady without complications can travel during pregnancy.

Normally any mode of travel is safe in 2nd trimester of pregnancy which you are in.

Just go for routine check up with your gynecologist before you fly to see that everything is fine.

In general please take care of following:

>Avoid fall and minor injuries during travel, be patient do not haste.
>Drink plenty of liquids
>If possible, take occasional walks up and down the aisle. If you must remain seated, flex and extend your ankles often.

Wishing you a happy journey and good health.