Pregnant, stopped smoking marijuana a week ago. How can I detoxify before delivery in a safe manner?

i am 39 weeks pregnant and have been a light marijuana smoker for years. It has been a week since I have stopped. I am afraid of having a positive thc test at hospital. I would like to inquire on how I can detoxify before delivery in a safe manner. Are there Any safe over the counter remedies? Please do not lecture me on how bad it is to smoke. I just want to safely detoxify.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 26 minutes later
Marijuana takes a very long time to detox.Its fat soluble, and remains in the fatty tissue for a long time.It may take almost a month or more to fully be removed from the tissue. Marijuana detox drinks are available which you can drink that will help in the detox but i cannot recommend it in pregnancy. Since you deliver in a week,i dont recommend any detox products right now. Just drink plenty of water and that should flush it out of the system.
Follow-up: Pregnant, stopped smoking marijuana a week ago. How can I detoxify before delivery in a safe manner? 15 minutes later
Will they try to take my baby? Do you suggest any herbs or teas in addition to lots of water?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 12 hours later
The baby is fully mature by now. Taking herbs etc wont help much and esp in pregnancy i wont recommend any herbs etc. You can drink XXXXXXX tea as its a good antioxidant. Other then that plenty of water is best. I cannot say whether they might take your baby. That will depend on what the doctors find upon more tests.