Pregnant, no fetal heart beat. What should I do?

Hi i am pargent i hear my baby haertbaet in frist then i go second.time is no haertbeat and my docter told me come next week but i am so secerd i cant wait next week iplz can you help me plz
Posted Thu, 18 Apr 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 25 minutes later

The causes of being not able to hear a fetal heart once heard can mean an arrest of pregnancy, rarely, it could be due to failure of resolution. You did not say how many weeks pregnant you are. The only way to confirm in the present scenario is to repeat the sonogram, preferably a trans-vaginal, after a week and see what went wrong.

Intake of several drugs, smoking and alcohol can harm a pregnancy. At present, I would suggest bed rest, avoidance of intercourse and intake of prenatal vitamins. Please try to stay calm as stress also affects a pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Please feel free to ask if you need further clarifications. I will be happy to help.