Pregnant, have thin uterus wall. Taking corion injection, lupigest400, duphaston. Proper treatment?

Mar 2013
my wife is pregnant with 2 months but her uterus wall is thin so my doctor said 50% chance to miss your baby but she gives some treatment like corion 5000 injection weekly and some madition like lupigest400 , duphaston, anin and fol g1 please give me some advice
Posted Wed, 20 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 2 hours later
I have gone through the ultrasound, and it is a film, but it appears normal to me.
Could you provide me with details of her last menstrual period, and whether she had any problems in the initial days of pregnancy.
Sometimes, if the pregnancy is lagging behind, and the growth is not corresponding to the weeks of gestation, then the doctor might prescribe such medications.
ALso, on examination , if she find that the cervix ( mouth of uterus ) is not tightly closed, and there are chances of impending abortion , such drugs might be prescribed.
Corion 5000 is supportive injection for the growing embryo , and provides hormonal support.
Similarly, lupigest and duphaston are forms of progesterone.
Fol g1 is folic acid, which is routinely recommended for all pregnancies in the first trimester.
Based on the single report sent, I cannot see the reason for such intensive pregnancy support, but none of the medications harm the pregnancy, in fact they are all supportive to the growing embryo.
Take care and feel free to ask for further clarifications.